Pages

Sunday, December 19, 2010

Guacamole Sauce

PRINT RECIPE
When I was in Mexico they served a guacamole sauce as a condiment with their tacos or at least that is what I understood it to be.  This is my attempt at recreating this condiment for my carnitas tacos and fresh corn tortillas.

The guacamole sauce that I made was a lot thicker than what I was served in Mexico.  So I smeared it on the bottom of my tortillas rather than drizzle it over the top.  This sauce was delicious all by itself, but could be dressed up to use as a dip by mixing in chopped onions and tomatoes or by placing a layer of salsa over the top so when you dip your chip it will get both layers at the same time.
I used a food processor to quickly whip this up, but you can use man power and mash the avocados with a potato masher and mince the garlic and cilantro then stir it all together.

GUACAMOLE SAUCE

2          large                avocados, pitted and peeled
1          cup                  Mexican crema, or sour cream
1          large                clove garlic, minced
¼         tsp.                  cayenne
1          med.                lime, juiced
1          tsp.                  kosher salt
¼         tsp.                  black pepper
1          handfull           cilantro

Place the garlic in the bowl of a food processor and pulse to mince.

Add avocado and the rest of the ingredients.  Mix until avacados are creamy and ingredients have blended together.

Serve as a dip or with Carnitas and Fresh Corn Tortillas

No comments:

Post a Comment