To make this dish, simply chunk up the zucchini and eggplant into bite size pieces and slice the tomatoes and onions. Place everything on a sheet pan. Drizzle with olive oil and generously sprinkle them with kosher salt and pepper. Toss them together to mix and spread them out evenly. Cook in a preheated 400 degree oven for 20 – 25 minutes.
Vegetables cooked this way can be eaten straight out of the oven as a healthy side dish or you can dress them up with;
- fresh or dried herbs (oregano, basil, italian seasoning, thyme)
- teriyaki sauce
- a combination of Parmesan cheese and red wine vinegar
- feta cheese and balsamic vinegar
These leftovers work well as toss in's;
- toss with short pasta or couscous and Parmesan cheese for a quick salad.
- add them to a bottle of store bought pasta sauce to make a simple veggie pasta sauce
- put them in an omelet or a scramble
- or eat them cold right out of the fridge