Pages

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Oven Broiled Salmon

PRINT RECIPE

I hadn’t planned it this way, but it has been all about fish this week. I stopped at Costco and found a small (2 lb.) side of salmon that looked great. This was a true find, because most of the time they are 3 - 4 pounds each, which is way too much for my family. So, I had to get it, even though we just had fish a couple of nights ago.

Tonight’s dinner was going to be fast and simple: Salt, pepper and olive oil are flavors that allow what you are cooking to be the main attraction. And that’s what I was going to do tonight.
I rinsed the salmon in cold running water and patted it dry with paper towels. Then I cut it into small steaks across the body. I put a little olive oil on a plate and lightly coated each piece on both sides before putting it on a foil lined sheet pan (easy clean up). Sprinkled the tops with kosher salt and pepper and placed it in the broiler for 5 minutes with the door ajar. Then I closed the door and adjusted the oven to bake at 375 degrees and let it cook for another 8 minutes (10 min. if you like your fish more well done).

Finish it with a little squeeze of fresh lemon juice and tartar sauce on the side (I had some leftover in the fridge). Or skip the tartar sauce and pour on a little teriyaki or soy sauce. Cook up some rice and butter some peas. You will have a health dinner on the table in 30 minutes or less.

No comments:

Post a Comment