Pages

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

The Last Cheeseburger of the Season

The way that the Oregon weather has been changing from summer to winter and back to fall has been quite puzzling.  Today we had a spectacular summer day that peeked out after several rainy days.  So I decided to fire up the bbq for what might be the last time this season and grill up some burgers.
If you have been following along and read my Montreal Chicken blog you know that I found this amazing seasoning that my husband slipped it into my spice rack and I am now experimenting with.  It is a blend of salts and peppers with the pepper being the stand out flavor.  I mixed it into some ground beef with Worcestershire sauce and the end result was delicious.

The burgers were flavored all the way through while retaining a firm beefy texture.  A lot of times we season our burger on the outside and the center gets ignored.  The Montreal seasoning and Worcestershire mixed into the ground beef allowed the burgers to be seasoned evenly. 

I made 6 burgers out of the 2 pounds of ground beef making sure to flatten them well so they would cook evenly.  If you prefer a thicker burger be sure to press the center of the burger with your fingers to flatten the center so it will cook evenly.  It will look funny but it works well for fat burgers that always over cook on the edges and under cook in the center.
BURGER MIX
2 pounds of ground beef
1 Tbsp.Montreal Steak Seasoning
1 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce. 

No comments:

Post a Comment