Pages

Saturday, February 5, 2011

My Blog is a Year Old

February marks my one year anniversary blogging.  I made it!

I take thousands of pictures of food but none of myself.  So I must send out a big thank you to my friend Dave for the great photo that he took of me in La Bastide de Moustiers, France that I plan to use over and over again.  It takes me back to a once in a lifetime experience that included an exceptional meal and great company.  That simple photo represents so many reasons why I blog which matches perfectly with the plaque that was a gift from my friend Bonnie that hangs in my kitchen and reads "Good Food, Good Friends, Good Times"

When I started this blog last February my goal was to see if I could do it for one year.  Now that I have reached that goal I plan on adding to it as long as blogspot lets me.

The purpose of the blog was to create a live cookbook for my children because I knew that I would never get my piles of recipes organized in the traditional format.  As a matter of fact my organized piles and books are still in the same disorganized state as they were when I started this project. Thank goodness for the opportunity to create an interactive cookbook with photos which forced me to organize my recipes and thoughts in a user friendly format.  One of the things that I have enjoyed is the interaction through comments, phone calls and emails that have made this journey all worth it.  My blog has allowed me to keep in touch with my family and friends who live all across the country which I may have lost contact with if it weren’t for this blog.  It has also been wonderful “virtually” meeting new foodie friends that share their thoughts and recipes.

I have so many more recipes that need to be posted and I will add them as they surface and become breakfast, lunch, dinner or dessert at my table.  But for now I have been using my blog as I hope you do as a cookbook to reference when you are looking for a recipe or idea.

When I posted my first recipe it was very exciting and I wanted to keep going until I had enough recipes to make my blog useful.  Over the past year I have cooked up 174 recipes and plan to keep it growing.  If you have anything that you would like to see posted or that you would like to share just leave me a comment or drop me an email.

Since my family got very little repeats in 2010 I have decided to cook up some of their favorites referencing my blog.  It has been a wonderful journey and I look forward to cooking up more yummy foods to share in 2011.

2 comments:

  1. Congrat on making to first year mark, looking forward for many more yummy recipes from you in year 2011!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats! Looks like you've done a great job during the first year. Love your family-friendly dishes. Will come back and visit you more often.

    ReplyDelete