Pages

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Feather Roll Update


The experiment continues…


It’s been 15 days since I made the last batch of Feather Roll dough and it’s rising and baking up as it did on day one. I’m just as surprised as the next person. But the end result wasn’t as light and feathery as the day or week old dough.

The outside of the rolls looked beautiful and when I picked one up it was light. But when I broke into one of the rolls I found the center to be doughy (as if under cooked) yet the rolls had plenty of color and couldn’t stand anymore time in the oven. The insides of these rolls were gummy with a pasty flavor. Maybe I should have lowered the heat and let them cook longer. But I’m not sure that would have worked either.

I wrap up this experiment concluding that all good things must come to an end. Pushing the dough’s life for a week would be the limit on this recipe.

Happy bread baking!

The Original Feather Roll Blog...
Feather Rolls

No comments:

Post a Comment