Pages

Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Chicken Breast with Roasted Tomatoes & Mushrooms

When my husband says to me this is delicious.  I immediately know that the dish is light with clean balanced flavors. 

So the rule still stands with everyday food at my house, Keep it simple, stupid!  These dishes usually end up being the ones that get the most requests.

Chicken with roasted tomatoes is not new, but roasting the mushrooms along with the tomatoes is, at least for me. This method worked surprisingly well.  The mushrooms were possibly the best part.  No, all the parts were good.  But the mushrooms clearly stood out.

I combined two basic recipes that I have already posted and tweaked them into one satisfying meal that the oven cooked for me in about 25 minutes. Oven Roasted Tomato Sauce and Roasted Chicken Breast, check it out.

This is what I did.  I put the tomatoes and mushrooms on one sheet pan and the chicken on another.  Both foil lined for easy clean up.  Then tossed them in a 450 degree oven.  Two pans because they have different cooking times.  My chicken breast cooked up in 15 min. (cooking time) while the tomatoes and mushrooms took 25 min.

I smothered the chicken with the the mushrooms and tomatoes making sure to get all the liquid from the pan and even though it was delicious from the first bite.  When I went back for seconds, I discovered that the caramelized sauce had time to soak into the chicken making it even tastier.

No comments:

Post a Comment