Pages

Thursday, June 1, 2017

Easy Pizza Dough 2017

Easy Pizza Dough 2017
Pizza is an easy meal once you have the dough ready. This simple recipe is foolproof and versatile. Make the dough when you have time, then put it in the fridge to chill out for up to 4 days. 


Since this recipe makes 2 crust and I usually only need one (for my husband and myself). I use the other half to make - 


Breakfast Pizza


Ham, cheese and egg pizza is a deliciously easy breakfast that will be sure to impress.

pizza dough makes yummy pita's too


Just cut it in half and stuff your eggs, sausage, potatoes or whatever works into a pita and you have breakfast on the go. 


Pre - Baked Crust
Another option is to pre-bake crust for 2 - 3 min. and put it in the fridge or freezer for a quick meal.


 It will be better than any frozen pizza that you could purchase. The bottom will get a little brown, but the top will still be white. Don't worry about the bubbles, once you get all your toppings on, it will flatten out and the crust will crisp up.

Cast Iron Pizza Pan
After I cracked several pizza stones. I broke down and purchased this cast iron one. I would like to report that I LOVE IT!!! 

See my Pizza Dough post for more detailed information on mixing and shaping your pizza.

Easy Pizza Dough
Makes 2 – 12 inch rounds
printable recipe

2 1/2    cups    flour
1          tsp.      kosher salt
1          pk.       yeast (2 1/4 tsp.)
2          Tbsp.   olive oil
1          cup      warm tap water

Plus about 1/3 cup flour to knead dough.

1.    Place 2 ½ cups flour, kosher salt and yeast in a bowl. Stir to mix. Make a well in the middle and add olive oil and water. Stir to mix into a rough ball.

2.    Turn out on to a floured work surface and gradually knead in about 1/3 cup of flour to the dough. You will know when you have added enough flour when the dough no longer sticks to your hands and is smooth and elastic. It’s better to add less flour than too much.

3.    Place in a lightly oiled bowl and cover with plastic wrap; let rise until doubled – about 1 – 2 hours. ** 

4.    When dough is ready, divide in to 2 pieces. Shape each piece into a round ball. Put ball on a lightly floured surface, sprinkle with flour and cover with plastic or a dish towel and let rest until puffed slightly – about 20 minutes.

5.    Bake in a preheated 500 degree oven (I usually preheat my oven for about 45 minutes) The pizza only takes about 6 min. to cook and I generally cook my pizza for 3 min., turn it and cook for another 3 min. You don’t need to turn it – I just do because my oven is old and I think it bakes more evenly that way.


Unused portions can be refrigerated for up to 4 days and frozen for up to a month.


No comments:

Post a Comment