Pages

Friday, February 26, 2010

Roasted Cauliflower

If you are always wondering what to do with a cauliflower besides steaming or stir frying here is a little trick that I used the other night for a side dish.
I think this may be the simplest and tasty-est way I have ever made cauliflower.
I cut a head of cauliflower into bite size floret’s and placed them in a shallow oven proof casserole dish.

Then I melted ¼ cup (1/2 stick) of butter with ¼ cup of olive oil on low heat and placed 2 garlic cloves in it to flavor the oil. Don’t let the garlic brown.
I then mixed about ¼ cup of seasoned bread crumbs with ¼ cup of grated parmesan cheese.
Then I sprinkled the breadcrumb and cheese mixture over the cauliflower and drizzled the garlic oil over that. Seasoned with salt and pepper and baked it uncovered in a 400 degree oven for 25 – 30 min.
It was perfectly cooked with a nice balance of flavor and a big hit at my house. I think you could change up the flavors like adding lemon or thyme to make it your own. I kept it simple so I could use the leftovers in another dish. I will surely share that recipe with you if you like the orriginal recipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment