Pages

Sunday, April 25, 2010

Teriyaki Meatloaf

PRINT RECIPE

A while back when I was at the butcher counter the person helping me told me that the ground beef that was on sale was the best that they had because it was made up of the butchers trim for that day. That meant that it was the freshest and also had some great cuts of meats (prime rib, tenderloin, chuck and I’m sure everything else that they trimmed that day) blended in to the mix. So I always walk past the butcher counter at my grocer to see if the “special” ground beef is on sale. If it is I will buy an extra pack or two for my freezer and have the butcher pack it to the weight I will need at a later date. So I usually ask for a 3 ½ pounder for a meatloaf, and a 2 pounder for hamburger steak or meatballs and a 1 pounder for the all purpose quick meal.
Even if you think you have matured beyond ground beef. It is worth making this Teriyaki Meatloaf recipe. It is so simple and always a big hit. The bonus is that the leftovers make wonderful sandwiches.

TERIYAKI MEATLOAF
3 ½ pounds 15% fat Ground Beef
4 slices white bread, cut into small cubes
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 Tblsp. mayonnaise
½ cup soy sauce
¼ cup sugar
½ cup milk
1 whole egg

Cut bread into very small cubes. Place in a large bowl and add garlic, mayonnaise, soy sauce, sugar, milk and egg. Mix these ingredients together then add ground beef, mix to blend. Shape into a loaf and bake on a sheet pan with sides in a 350 degree oven for 1 hour and 15 min.

4 comments:

  1. Susan, thank you for sharing this, I am going to do a blog post about it, I will link you up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mohala. I just made this last night for dinner:)

      Delete
  2. You said you live in Oregon, where is there a nice place to live there? You have some ono recipes! Mahalo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind words. Where are you living? I live in Eugene. It was a great place to raise my family. We are 2 hours from the city of Portland, an hour from the ocean and an hour and a half from skiing. There are many great towns in Oregon. But be aware that the reason it's so beautiful and green is because it rains a lot. You will either love it or hate it. I personally have grown to love it.

      Delete