Pages

Friday, November 26, 2010

Mini Layered Pumpkin Custard Pie

My friend Debbie passed this recipe on to me last year and I messed it up because I wasn't careful when adding the custard layer over the pumpkin and it ended up as a light colored pumpkin pie.  It was still tasty but visually it wasn't what I was shooting for.

Since I was making mini pies and had leftover pumpkin and custard.  I decided to give it another try.

I filled a prepared crust half way with pumpkin pie filling and baked it in a 425 degree oven for 15 minutes.  Then I carefully spooned on the custard layer (it still bled a little but not as much as last year) and lowered the heat to 350 degrees and let it bake for another 30 minutes.

I'm getting closer but I wouldn't call my pie a layer pie as much as a marbled pie.

Next year I will cook the pumpkin layer for 20 minutes before adding the custard layer in hopes of getting separate layers of pumpkin and custard.

To be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment