Pages

Friday, November 26, 2010

My Mini Pie's

A snap shot of my holiday pies cooling.

Layered P & C, Roasted Apple, Custard and Pumpkin Mini Pies


I decided to make mini pies this year thinking at the time that I would make 6 different pies.  That was a bit ambitious considering each type of pie had a different baking time and temperature which made it a lot more time consuming than I had thought it would be.  The next time I do this I may have to start the day before or at least consider a couple of cream pies that wouldn't need the oven.  I did manage to get 4 different pies done before throwing in the towel and handing the oven over to the turkey.  Live and learn.


To make 6 - 5' mini pies I needed;

1 double crust recipe (divided into 7)
1 pumpkin pie recipe
1 custard pie recipe
and a couple of granny smith apples for the lone roasted apple pie

No comments:

Post a Comment