No more pumpkin pies for me. I'm hooked on the squares! And the best part is that it's easier than pies. I guess you could say that these are simply delicious :)
I like to place the squares into cupcake liners to dress them up. It also make them easier to pick up and eat when it's in its own little wrapper. These delicious squares are best when they are cold.
Shortbread Pumpkin Squares
2 cups flour
½ cup powder sugar
1 cup cold butter (2 sticks)
- Combine the flour and sugar in a med sized bowl and mix.
- Cut the butter into small pieces and add to the flour mixture. Toss to coat butter. Cut the butter into the flour using a pastry cutter as if making a pie crust until the mixture is crumbly.
- Place the loose mixture into a 9 X 13 pan and spread out evenly. Press the crumb mixture into the pan using a flat bottom cup.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for 15-20 minutes or until light golden and let cool.
1 29 oz. can pumpkin (or 2 15 oz. cans)
2 12 oz. can evaporated milk
1 cup sugar
1 tsp. salt
2 tsp. ground cinnamon
1 tsp. ground ginger
½ tsp. ground cloves
4 large eggs
- Place all the ingredients into a mixing bowl and mix to blend.
- Pour over cooled shortbread crust.
- Bake in a preheated 400 degree oven for 15 minutes.
- Then - Drop temperature to 350 and bake for 50 – 55 minutes or until a knife or toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.